1. a nonreigning female member of a royal family.
2. History/Historical: a female sovereign or monarch; queen.
3. the consort of a prince.
4. Britain: a daughter or granddaughter (if the child of a son) of a king or queen.
5. a woman considered to have the qualities or characteristics of a princess.
6. an attractive and high maintenance young woman.
7. Also, princesse: (of a woman’s dress, coat, or the like) styled with a close-fitting bodice and flared skirt, cut in single pieces, as gores, from shoulder to hem.
Etymology: Middle English princesse < Middle French.
I didn’t show him pictures on my phone quickly enough - and yes, they were pictures of him crying.